A collection of articles and interviews regarding John Dengate and his work.
- John Dengate, Robin Connaughton & The Old Trout, A True Story In Verse – Bush Music Club (Dec 2018)
- John Dengate & Other Peace Activisits Awarded Armistice Day Plaques – Green Left Weekly (Nov 2018)
- John Dengate’s ‘I Can’t Abide’, and it’s predecessor & successors – Sandra Nixon, Bush Music Club / Loaded Dog Folk Club (Updated Dec 2018)
- Musical dedication of Dengate Crescent, Moncreiff, ACT – Bush Music Club (March 2016)
- John Dengate – It’s still his shout! – Cornstalk Gazette (May 2012)
- Launch of My Shout, National Folk Festival Sydney, 1982 – BMC blog from Bob Bolton Collection
- ‘A Teacher Whose Songs Are Sung’ – Denis Kevans, Journal of the N.S.W. Public School Teachers Federation (Feb 1977)
You can read eulogies, memorial articles and tribute messages via the VALE John Dengate section.
- ‘Talking With John Dengate’ – Interview by Bob Bolton in Mulga Wire Issue 2 – August 1977
There are a great many interviews with John, some exist only on Cassette or Reel-To-Reel Tape – however, audio from several interviews and discussions with each Warren Fahey, John Meredith, and Chris Woodland are available from the National Library of Australia.
You can check out one of those audio recordings via the Audio + Music section;
John Dengate sings topical songs for John Meredith’s Folklore Collection – 3 January 1985
Page admin Leyne is investigating the possibility of hosting more recordings online for easy access. Stay tuned.
To add or remove links, photos or videos, please email Leyne on firstname.lastname@example.org